This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Actively looking for Quality (QA/QC) Manager / Lead positions in the Middle East. Freelancer jobs are also welcome.
I am quality expert with more than 30 Years of experience on corporate and project level gained during execution of onshore Design, Construction and EPC Projects related to Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals plants working with both Contracting and Client organisations:
- 9 Years’ experience with Oil and Gas Operator (PDO) setting quality requirements for contractors and suppliers,
- 6 Years’ experience with purely Design consultants as Quality Focal Point in implementing quality requirements for pre-FEED, FEED and Detailed Engineering projects,
- 7 Years’ experience with EPC contractors as Quality Focal Point in implementing quality requirements for mega and medium size Oil and Gas facility and pipeline projects,
- 4 Years’ experience with Construction contractors implementing quality requirements for medium size Oil and Gas facility and construction projects.
- 5 years Industrial Engineering training and consultancy experience for industries working for National Productivity Council, Government of India.
Focused on value creation and maintenance with a collaborative and positive personality with high Professional Integrity.
1985 - 1987 ME Industrial Engineering, TIPIE, NPC, Chennai
1979-1984 BSc Engineering (Mechanical), TKM College of Engineering, Kerala University.
2000 Post Graduate Diploma in Quality Management, World Quality Council, UK
2005 IRCA Registered Lead QMS Auditor
2007 CQP & Member Charted Quality Institute, UK
2020 Apr. – Present: QA/QC Manager, Marafiq, Oman
Manage Quality for Power Plant Operator (Duqm Power Company) for Duqm Integrated Power & Water Project (EPC Contract to supply power and water to Duqm Refinery Project).
Establish full QMS for Marafiq from the scratch and prepare the company for ISO 9001: 2015 Certification.
2019-2020 (Apr.) Assurance Advisor - Quality, Worley, Oman
Support business line/ regional business and growth objectives though effective assurance practices, including advising leadership on assurance matters and engaging with customers and maintaining a strategic industry presence.
Facilitate the projects to deliver successful assurance outcomes and provide guidance, subject matter expertise and facilitation of assurance governance activities focussed on Quality Management.
2010 - 2019 Quality Lead, Petroleum Development Oman LLC, Muscat
- Lead Quality Information System development, maintenance and enhancement for PDO
- Manage Level 1 (corporate audits) on projects and functions, Supplier capability reviews and assessments for adding them to PDO Approved Vendor List
- Challenge and improve existing PDO QMS documents for their suitability, clarity, simplicity and efficiency - quality policy, quality strategy / code of practice, model Quality Plan, specifications and procedures etc. Identify procedural gap and develop new documents to manage and control QMS processes.
- Organise quality leadership meetings and quality departmental meeting, facilitate discussions to change quality culture from reactive to proactive mode and to encourage collaboration.
- Develop themes and prepare posters to promote quality function in PDO functions like Excellence Day, Quality Day, Quarterly Engineering Directorate performance review etc.
- Lead investigations and root cause analysis (RCA) for procurement and construction issues at vendor locations / construction site.
- Resolve queries related to PDO quality requirements for contractors / vendors, provide guidelines on quality deliverables.
- Administer QMS tools such as Action Tracking, Variance Tracking, Inspection Management, FAT etc. Organise meetings to identify digitalisation requirements for quality and supervise work of IT function from requirement gathering to pilot implementation of QMS tools.
- Make presentations on quality critical processes to stakeholders.
- Monitor performance trends / KPIs, issue quality alerts, issue periodic reports,
- Organise quality engagements like awareness sessions, seminars, workshops etc.
- Evaluate personnel qualifications of QA/QC resource and conduct interviews for new recruitment.
- Draft Graduate Development Programme, prepare training material and implement programme for Omani QMS trainees.
- Lead continual improvement projects related to quality such as optimum inspection strategy based on risk / criticality; optimize business processes using Lean principles.
2007 - 2010 Quality Manager, Petrofac International Limited, Sharjah, UAE
- Responsible for engineering services division quality systems – developed design manual, quality plans, procedures etc., implemented and audited QMS.
- Conducted corporate level audits in mega EPC projects.
- Sub-contractor / vendor assessments and performance reporting.
- PMC support for Kazakhstan projects.
- Develop training QMS materials and train Petrofac staff.
2005 - 2007 QA & HSE Manager, Tebodin Oman, Muscat
- Corporate and project quality support to develop, implement and audit design quality and HSE systems, plans, procedures etc.
- Management Representative of Tebodin for Quality.
- Lead re-certification and maintain ISO 9001 certificate.
- PDO approved QA&HSE representative of Concept Eng. Service Contract which is a 5 year call off projects covering Field Studies, Concept, FEED and Detailed Design Phases for PDO. Managed QHSE covering planning (Quality/HSE Plan, Procedures, Forms, ITPs/QCPs, KPIs), training, engagements, meetings, audits, surveillance, monitoring, action tracking and close out, reporting etc.
2002 - 2005 Quality Lead, Petrofac International Limited, Sharjah, UAE
Kashagan Field Development Project, Kazakhstan, with EP & CM scope covering Oil, Gas and Sulphur Plants - USD 1400 mm
USD 1140 mm AGT Pipelines and Pumping stations Georgia & Azerbaijan with EP & CM scope (JV with SPIE-Capag) - USD 1140 mm
Harweel Clusters Phase 2 A&B Facilities Oman for PDO with EPC scope - USD 985 mm.
- Managed quality management in projects including establishing requirements, planning for quality (PQP, Procedures, Forms, ITPs/QCPs), training, engagements, meetings, audits, surveillance, monitoring, action tracking and close out, reporting etc.
- Participated in Project Risk Management, Contract strategy meeting, project Lesson Learned meeting and other engagements and workshops of project leadership.
1997 - 2001 Sr. QA Engineer, Jacobs Engineering Oman, Muscat
- Corporate and project quality support for developing, implementing and auditing engineering / design quality systems, plans, procedures etc.
- Facilitate QMS transition from Stork Comprimo to Jacobs Engineering.
- Co-ordinate with Jacobs Engineering Houston office for QMS support including access to Codes and Standards and QMS training.
- Set up QMS in other middle East offices (Doha and Abu Dhabi) and perform audits / assessments in those offices.
- PDO approved Representative for Quality for PDO’s 4 Year Detailed Design Service Contract.
- Managed quality function for USD 300 mm Detailed Design scope of Mukhaizna Project Ph 1 from Occidental Petroleum Corp.
- Conduct weekly quality co-ordination meeting with discipline representatives for enhancing QMS implementation and deciding / implementing quality improvement activities.
1993 - 1997 QA Engineer, Yahya Costain Oman, Muscat
- Corporate QMS development and project quality support for developing, implementing and auditing construction quality management.
- Led ISO 9001 registration of company QMS.
- Prepare pre-start up kit for project quality management system.
- Training and awareness for quality for internal and external parties.
- Managed quality function for £10 million contract for the design and construction of a 55 tonnes-a-day butane plant at Yibal in Oman, with EPC scope.
- Managed quality function for USD 300 mm Crestal Steam Injection Pilot Project, Qarn Alam jointly executed by Aqua-Chem Int. Ltd, USA and Yahya Costain LLC, with Construction scope.
1987 - 1993 Asst. Director, National Productivity Council, Government of India, Mumbai
Providing training and consultancy services for various private and government organisations on Industrial Engineering, Productivity improvement and Quality Management - e. g. of projects:
- Job evaluation, wage survey and grade fixing for Greater Mumbai Municipal Corporation, India.
- Productivity and system improvement studies for Deepak Fertilisers Pvt. Ltd, Mukund Ltd etc.
- Executed project management and quality management related training programmes.